Towards the end of last winter, I put together a list of items I wished I had during the colder months of the year. I’ve found this list to be really helpful in planning what I need to get before the temps drop again. Since this list was so useful, I thought it would make sense to make a list of things that would have made the hot summer months a bit easier to handle. Here’s what I came up with while I was at the beach.
- A floppy sun hat – I’ve got a straw cowboy hat that I love to break out during the brighter months, but it would be great to have a less-Western alternative, preferably in a color.
- Crocs Malindi flats – I’ve grown to dislike the look of traditional Crocs, but I love the feel, and these Malindi flats blend comfort and water-proof-ness in a lovely and stylish design. The leopard print is gorgeous.
- Born Nordi sandals – I absolutely adore my Born Savory sandals, and I wore them a ton at the beach. I think I would love the Nordis just as much, and that silver color is so perfectly summer.
- Short shorts – I’ve got knee length shorts that are great for casual days, but at the beach I found myself really wanting to show some more leg. It’s really hard to find shorts that fit me well, so I’ll have to hunt around for these.
- Light short sleeved cardis – I wore my three quarter sleeve white cotton LOFT cardi several times a week this summer. I’d love to have some more options in more colors.
- Casual button downs – All my button downs are very dressy, but I was really craving a comfy, casual button down for wearing over tank tops and swim suits.
- A sarong – Because they look so much hotter than tying a towel around your waist.
- Pretty beach cover-ups – See above. A crochet cotton dress could be fun.