A few weeks ago, I posted The Fall 12, my list of 12 goals for this Fall season. Here’s how I’m doing so far.
1) Be able to do one dead-hang pull-up – Still not there. But I’ve been doing banded pull-ups a lot, and I can tell I’m getting stronger. Not sure if this will happen before December 22, but I’m going to keep at it.
2) Hold a handstand for more than thirty seconds: Done!!! And I’m getting better at getting into a handstand now too. I can usually do it on my first or second try.
3) Go walking or biking for at least 20 minutes every week: I’ve been rocking this one! I’ve started using my iPod nano to track how much I walk and listen to tunes, and it’s been very motivating.
4) Hike in the woods at least once: Done! See this post.
5) Get my credit card debt sub $200: Done!! Almost got it paid off all the way, and I’ve started putting an extra $50 of every paycheck towards paying off my student loans. I am determined to get out of debt.
6) Set a grocery budget and stick to it: Doing pretty good. I went slightly over budget in November, but only by about $25. I’ve definitely reined in my spending.
7) Bring something awesome to Thanksgiving: Done! As you can see in the above photo, I made Pumpkin cranberry muffins, Thanksgiving stuffing meatballs, and sweet and savory potatoes, all from Practical Paleo.
8) Try a dessert recipe from Practical Paleo: Done twice! I made the above Moo-less chocolate moose, and the Flourless Mocha Bacon Brownies. The moose was my favorite Paleo dessert so far, and the brownies were my favorite brownies out of all the Paleo brownie recipes I’ve tried so far. Next time I think I’ll make them sans coffee and plus cacao nibs.
9) Start a knitting project: Done!! I made a Kombucha cozy for my brewing container!
10) Learn how to brew kombucha: Done! My first batch (Coconut Green tea) turned out great, and my second batch (Raspberry Blueberry Green Tea) is fermenting now.
11) Blog at least twice a week: Yeah, didn’t do this last week. But that doesn’t mean I can’t keep trying.
12) Re-con something and post about it: Started, but not finished yet. Will post soon.