*During the month of January, I’m doing a Whole30 combined with a 21 Day Sugar Detox. This is to help me reset my system, deal with my love of sugar, and generally feel healthier and happier. Want more info on these programs? Click on the images above*
Day 4: January 4, 2013
- Breakfast: Greens, 3 poached eggs, sauerkraut, avocado, garlic browned ground beef and bison (recipe from Well Fed)
- Lunch: Chicken ceasar salad -dressing and croutons +homemade dressing from EVOS
- Dinner: Creamy spice market kale (recipe from Well Fed), roasted cauliflower, garlic browned ground beef and bison (recipe from Well Fed), cucumber
- Snacks: Green apple, pumpkin pancakes with coconut butter and cinnamon
- Beverages: Green tea, herbal tea, water with lemon, 4 oz kombucha, 4 oz coconut water
This is harder than I thought it would be. I have to remind myself why I’m doing this – I’m more addicted to sugar than I realized. I want to break that addiction. I want to reset my system – start fresh. I want to clear all the junk out and put in only good stuff. I want to figure out my skin issues and see if what I eat may be contributing. I’ve read that the first week is the roughest – I know I can get through this.