**I’ve noticed lately that a lot of my favorite bloggers will often share little tidbits about their lives – like Holly’s Wednesday Bullets.. Not necessarily huge detailed posts about life, just little things I want to share. So often I have a thought or a bit of news I want to tell you guys about, but I never know what post to put it in. So in the spirit of trying something new, I’m introducing Mid-Week Ramblings. Enjoy :)**
- My husband and I went to the beach on Sunday to visit with some friends who were in from out of town. I only live 45 minutes away from the beach, yet I only go there a few times a year. I keep asking myself why this is, because I find that being at the beach gets me in a state of calm that I rarely ever find at home. The waves, the sun, the sand – I LOVE being at the beach.
- I also love taking pictures at the beach. There will be at least two beach trips this month (including our honeymoon!) so you’ll be seeing a lot of beach pics soon.
- I’ve been working on my Summer 13 goals, and I already feel like I’m getting a lot done this summer. I’ve tried one new slow cooker recipe, read two YA novels, worked on some fun crafty projects, and have been practicing sun salutations every morning.
- I also finally feel like I’m getting control of my money. I’ve been putting more and more money towards paying down my student loans, and I’m finally starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
- I super excited that I got a Costco membership. Being the numbers nerd that I am, I made a spreadsheet comparing prices of items I buy every week at my usual grocery store and compared them with Costco’s prices (price per unit of course). After crunching a bunch of numbers, I came to the conclusion that Costco will literally save me hundreds of dollars each year. Of course, with all their awesome household goods and kitchen gadgets, I’ll have to be careful that I don’t end up spending all the savings.