**I’m currently participating in the 21 Day Sugar Detox and I’m recording it here on my blog. I’ll be posting pictures of the food I’m eating, as well as reflections about what I’m experiencing. Enjoy**
- Breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs with paprika, 1 avocado, sauerkraut and spinach, homebrew kombucha
- Lunch: Cuban picadillo, spinach and tomato salad with olive oil, carrot sticks and mayo, 1/2 green apple with coconut butter
- Snack: Pork meatballs with spinach and mayo, 1/2 green apple with coconut butter
- Dinner: Chicken and Kale soup
- Other: Lots of herbal tea and water with lemon, coconut water
- Supplements: Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast, L-glutamine
- Sleep time and quality: 5 hours, poor
- Exercise: None
- Mood & Energy: Excited, but tired
First day was good. Unrelated to the detox, I got horrible sleep the night before. I went to bed on time, but my husband was up coughing for half the night, which meant that I was tossing and turning for a good three hours. So I spent most of the day feeling exhausted. Despite that, the first day was good. I felt excited to be taking on another detox. I made sure that I had plenty of tasty and delicious food with enough healthy fats to keep me from getting hungry. I drank herbal tea and water with lemon most of the day too. As far as sugar cravings go, while I did feel the desire for some sweet foods, the green apple and coconut butter helped a lot with that.
My main reflection for today: coconut butter is essential. I splurged on my favorite brand, Artisana, and it was well worth it. Nothing beats a sugar craving like eating that stuff.