**I’m currently participating in the 21 Day Sugar Detox and I’m recording it here on my blog. I’ll be posting pictures of the food I’m eating, as well as reflections about what I’m experiencing. Enjoy**
- Breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs with paprika and turmeric, 1 avocado, sauerkraut and spinach, homebrew kombucha
- Lunch: Salad with chicken, bacon, spinach, pickles (homemade) and tomato with olive oil, carrot sticks and celery with mayo (via Well Fed), avocado pudding (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Snack: Chicken and bacon, 1/2 green apple with coconut butter
- Dinner: Salmon salad with romaine, spinach, cucumber, tomato and mayo (via Well Fed)
- Other: Lots of herbal tea and water with lemon, coconut water
- Supplements: Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast, L-glutamine, Natural Calm (magnesium)
- Sleep time and quality: 8.5 hours, excellent
- Exercise: None
- Mood & Energy: Stressed out
Day 2 was pretty good for me, detox wise. I felt pretty full and satisfied most of the day, and while there were some sugar cravings, the avocado pudding and coconut butter helped a lot. I had a really long and stressful workday, so by the time I got home, I really didn’t feel like cooking dinner. So I grabbed a can of wild salmon and made a salad. And then ended up cooking a batch of bone broth and prepping a bunch of other food, then rewarding myself with an episode of Dr Who. My digestion is starting to feel a little wonky, but I figure it’s just getting used to not having several servings of fruit everyday.
My main reflection for today: Always have some easy protein available for days when you’re too tired to cook. Preparation is key to success.