**I’m currently participating in the 21 Day Sugar Detox and I’m recording it here on my blog. I’ll be posting pictures of the food I’m eating, as well as reflections about what I’m experiencing. Enjoy**
- Breakfast: 3 fried eggs with ketchup (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox), 1 avocado, 1/2 c sweet potato (post-workout), homebrew kombucha
- Lunch: Chicken taco salad with pico de gallo, olives and avo-mayo dressing (mix equal parts avocado and mayo)
- Snack: Moo-less chocolate mousse(recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Dinner: Soup with shredded beef, spinach and olives, carrot sticks with mayo (via Well Fed), 1 hard boiled egg, Moo-less chocolate mousse (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Other: Lots of herbal tea and water with lemon, coconut water
- Supplements: Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast, L-glutamine, Natural Calm (magnesium)
- Sleep time and quality: 10 hours (8 solid plus two napping)
- Start and end time: 10 pm – 8 am
- Exercise: Walk 30 minutes, Run/Walk interval workout (2 min run, 3 min walk) for 20 minutes, gardening
- Mood & Energy: Postive but a little tired
Day 8 was a good day. I got to sleep in (yay!). I got in a lot of walking and even a jog. I built a raised bed garden in my backyard – hopefully I’ll have some romaine lettuce and tomatoes soon. I did some reading, watched a movie (The We and the I) and generally had a nice, relaxing day off. I’m hitting the point in the detox where I feel really good – I’m not having any cravings, and the variety of foods (and treats) I’ve been cooking is keeping me satisfied. I did get a little snacky in the evening – the soup wasn’t filling enough, so I had to add in a few other foods. Once I got in some extra protein and fat, I was fine.
My main reflection for today: Take some time to relax.