**I’m currently participating in the 21 Day Sugar Detox and I’m recording it here on my blog. I’ll be posting pictures of the food I’m eating, as well as reflections about what I’m experiencing. Enjoy**
- Breakfast: Pumpkin pancake (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox) hard-boiled eggs, chicken, sauerkraut, homebrew kombucha
- Lunch: Chicken salad with avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, balsamic dressing (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox), carrots, celery and mayo (via Well Fed), moo-less mousse (recipe in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Snack: Bone broth and roasted marrow
- Dinner: Tomato basil quiche made with chicken and kale, 21DSD ketchup (recipes in The 21-Day Sugar Detox)
- Other: Green tea, herbal tea, water with lemon, coconut water
- Supplements: Lewis Labs Brewer’s Yeast, L-Glutamine, Natural Calm (magnesium)
- Sleep time and quality: 9 hours, woke up once
- Start and end time: 8:30pm – 5:20am
- Exercise: Walked 10 minutes
- Mood & Energy: Okay, still dealing with aftermath of work stress
Today was a day of crazy food prep and packing. I’m going to a work conference Thursday and Friday, so I want to make sure that I’m good for food the whole time. I actually spent more time planning meals than planning my outfits. I’ve got bento boxes together for breakfast and lunch both days, and plan on going out to dinner with friends both nights. I’ve already checked the restaurant menus, so I know what I’ll be ordering. And I’m even bringing my own coconut creamer to have with coffee from the hotel coffee bar. Is this over the top? Maybe, but I want food to be the least of my worries while I’m at this conference. Knowing that I have tasty, well-prepared foods available to eat will help me to relax and focus instead on learning and growing in my profession. I’ll still be posting on Instagram the next couple of days, but there won’t be another blog post until Saturday, where I’ll catch you up on how things went.
How do you prepare for trips out of town? Do you bring food with you? Shop once you get there? Go out to eat everyday?
My main reflection for today: A little preparation today can prevent a lot of stress tomorrow.