Yes, I disappeared from the Interwebs for awhile there. I’ve been spending so much time focused on my career (and my library blog) that Smiles Go With Everything got neglected. I’m sorry. I only have so much energy, and lately I’ve just been spent. I’m still trying to figure out the new direction for Smiles Go With Everything. I need to find a blogging flow for it and I’m just not there yet. I’m still not giving up on it, I just need to do some reflecting.
Meanwhile, it’s now Spring and time to think and reflect on Winter and my Winter 14 goals.
- Blog on Smiles Go With Everything at least 2x week – Well obviously, this didn’t happen at all.
- Frog an old project and knit something new – I’m knitting and reknitting a scarf right now, and I’ve also started on a blanket with some yarn from a sweater I never wore.
- Do some serious mending and alterations – I got a lot done in this realm. Still more projects to work on, but my to-do pile is a lot smaller now
- Plant 2nd veggie garden – The weather was pretty rotten this winter. I just never got around to this.
- Try 4 new recipes and blog them – For some reason I have NOT been motivated to cook these past couple months. Just getting by with my regular recipes has been all I wanted to do.
- Walk 10,000 steps each day – Turns out I was pretty much already doing this anyhow
- Go to Yoga class five times during the season– I bought the class package and never went 😦
- Make or buy some blackout curtains for the bedroom – Done! And it’s made a huge difference
- Use Mint to set a budget – Done, mostly. I still go over budget sometimes, but I’m more aware of where my money goes.
- Pay off that credit card!!! – A couple more paychecks and this one will be done too.
- Join a Twitter chat – Done many times over! I’ve been really focused on my career this season, and professional Twitter chats have been a part of it.
- Watch a TED talk– Done many times over. TED talks are becoming a Sunday ritual for me.
- Download a meditation app and try it out – Downloaded but never used. Maybe trying this would actually help other areas of my life.
- Attend a local meditation class – Not even close. I’ve been way too busy lately.
Overall evaluation: I’ve been busy and have had no energy to do anything but focus on my job. I LOVE my job, but I need to find some more balance in my life too. Not quite ready to commit to Spring goals yet, but they will definitely involve finding more balance in life.